AHL Today is a roundup of the night that was, the day ahead, and anything you may have missed. Your quick look at what’s going on around the league.
- NORFOLK at HERSHEY: The Bears had their six-game winning streak snapped at the hands of the Adirondack Phantoms, but look to start anew as they take on the streaking Norfolk Admirals. The Ads have won two straight and picked up at least a point in each of their last eight games, helped along in part by the league’s second pest penalty-kill. The Ads PK is moving along at an 88.4 per cent clip, allowing a league low 22 powerplay goals against.
- NORFOLK 3, SYRACUSE 2 (SO): It was the most memorable AHL contest in the history of the league for John Parks. Parks, a 46-year-old practice goaltender who has filled in for the Crunch during a few pre-game skates, was called upon to man the backup role for Syracuse. After Grant Rollheiser, the goaltender Syracuse inked to a tryout deal, was unable to make it to the game in time, Parks got the call, $300, and his game jersey. Not a bad Saturday. As for the game, the Crunch took a 1-0 lead on a goal by Jon DiSalvatore, fell behind on goals by Admirals forward Norm Ezekiel and defenceman Steve Eminger — both firsts of the season — then clawed back to tie it on a shorthanded goal by Dana Tyrell. Crunch goaltender Allen York stopped 29 of 31 shots in the loss, helping Syracuse to a single point in his debut for the team.
- TEXAS 6, TORONTO 0: This may be the rare case where the game sheet does tell the story. Outshot 49-19, the Marlies were shorthanded 11 times, allowed three powerplay goals, and Texas absolutley poured it on. Cristopher Nilstorp was back in action for the Stars, stopping all 19 shots that came his way in the victory.
Mike Sislo (F) From: New Jersey Devils
Cam Ward (G) To: Carolina Hurricanes
Simon Moser (F) To: Nashville Predators
David Steckel (F) To: Anaheim Ducks
Oklahoma City Barons
Mark Arcobello (F) From: Edmonton Oilers
Paul Kenny (G) To: ——
San Antonio Rampage
Drew Shore (F) From: Florida Panthers
Tim Erixon (D) To: Columbus Blue Jackets
Kristers Gudlevskis (G) From: Tampa Bay Lightning
Gregg McKegg (F) To: Toronto Maple Leafs
John McCarthy (F) From: San Jose Sharks
News & Notes:
- Very cool story about Chris Carlson, a part-time AHL linesman, who is heading over to Sochi to work the lines for the Olympic tournament. [Edmonton Sun]
- Adam Clendening is having a great season with the Rockford IceHogs, and waiting patiently for his shot at the NHL with the Blackhawks. [ESPN Chicago]
- Saturday night’s game between Portland and Binghamton was a parade to the penalty box. The Pirates set a franchise record, racking up 134 PIM. The previous record? 119, set nearly twenty years ago on Nov. 20, 1996. [Pirates Radio]
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button!
I’d certainly donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i’ll
settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this website with my Facebook group.
If you are going for most excellent contents like me,
just pay a quick visit this website every day since it provides quality contents, thanks
There are many reasons that people pirate, but leading among them is the fact that companies want too much for their games.
You will also find a neat lodge for Sims to visit, but the place is always
vacant, so giving the feel that you are on some mountain vacation
is non-existent. However, in reading those reviews I noticed something in common.
you’re truly a excellent webmaster. The website
loading pace is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick.
Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece.
you have done a fantastic process on this
Action RTS games refers to a strategy game in which players control a single, extraordinarily strong
character. Blue cards are defensive cards where
you can put up barricades, add hit points to your rocket,
or add radar. They make it quick and easy to find exactly what you need online so you’re not wasting your time searching for it.
The list of seeds and nuts includes almonds, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and
sesame seeds. Asafoetida has been additionally known as the “Food of the Gods. Paleo diet recipes make it easy in exploring the endless options available of meat, poultry and fish including:.
We drive ourselves harder in the community of others. Megan’s Workouts Combine Cardio With Weight-Training.
The Paleo and Mediterranean Diets are very similar but excluded foods mark a significant difference in both
While the simple and classic whisk is great for many tasks in the kitchen, there are some times and
some recipes that require more speed and dexterity with the mixing, and that’s where these valuable
devices come in. For those who love cooking but hate the clean-up involved the Scrap Trap is an great tool to keep
your counters and floor sparkling and uncluttered. Regardless how big or small the occasion is, you always make sure that
you furnish guest with sumptuous food and delicacies to please them.
Hi there! I just wjsh to givfe you a biig thuumbs up for your excellent
inforrmation you have here onn this post. I’ll be coming back to your
blog for more soon.
Thiis is the perfect site for anyone who hopes to
understand this topic. Youu realize a whole llot its almost hard
to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
You certainly puut a brand new spin on a subject which has been written about for many years.
Great stuff, just great!
Hi, i bdlieve that i noticed you visited mmy weblog
so i got here to retujrn the choose?.Iam trying to tto
find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!